Lemon Elbows
Had a dream that I was standing next to a struggling blonde actress who was all excited because she got called to do a skit on Conan O'Brian's show. She was sort of pretty, carrying maybe an extra 10 or 15 pounds. She was in costume and stage make-up, but the most unusual thing about her was that she had a lime where each kneecap should have been. I saw her pull out her cell phone, flip it open and give Conan her phone number. (She wouldn't have needed to open her phone to do that, of course, but since when do dreams make any sense?) Then it was as if my face was a television camera, because Conan leaned into it for an EXTREME close-up--so close that I could see every pore on his face.
Right before I woke this morning I dreamed I was ranking Hollywood actresses--designating which were on the "A" or "B" or "C" list in terms of carrying a movie. I woke myself up in frustration when I couldn't remember Linda Fiorentino's last name. In my dream I kept thinking, "It's on 'The Last Seduction' DVD..." I woke up feeling urgently compelled to look it up. But what really frustrated me in the dream was that as much as I wanted Linda to be on the "A" list I knew realistically that even though at one time she might have been a "B," she's probably now fallen to a "C." And that made me sad, because I think she's a lot better than most of the material she gets offered. Or maybe I just have a soft spot for thin, flat-chested Italians...being one myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home