Time's a wastin'...
This morning, as is my wont when I'm craving the occasional jolt of inspriration, I visited the Another Girl at Play site. I've read most of the artist profiles, but this morning I began re-reading Alicia Paulson's, owner of Posie in our old town of PDX. Scroll all the way down to the last paragraph where she answers "Words of advice for those pursuing their creative goals." What really hit me was the second line, "At the end, no one is ever going to thank you for not living your life." Wow. I've heard the same idea expressed a thousand different ways, but never quite like that. And for someone who has spent the bulk of her life diminishing herself to make other people comfortable, I needed to hear it in exactly that way. So if I'm (obviously) not forgoing pursuing my dreams so I'll get a big "Thank you!" from some knucklehead at the end of my life...then why the hell have I been doing it?!?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home