Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Off-Center

It's been a weird few days. Maybe it's the weather. How the hell will I ever return to seasonal weather if I can't handle 3 or 4 days of non-stop gray? It's unusual for our weather to be overcast for several days in a row. There's been a bit of clearing here and there, but basically it's been overcast and dreary (and sometimes rainy) since Sunday. (And if we hadn't spent Saturday at the beach when the weather was perfect, I'd really be bummed.)

But I'm just feeling a bit OFF. Not centered. Kinda moody and funky. Impatient, easily irritated and almost constantly annoyed (okay, that's at work). I'm obsessive when it comes to the proper alignment of art or pictures on the wall. I'm the dweeb who actually walks over and moves the picture a fraction of an inch so it will hang "properly." But that's been me the last few days--the picture that's just a little (what?) too high on one side...or too low on the other? I've tried to take on an observer role--being aware of the feelings but not getting stressed over them. After all, that would just make me even more off-kilter. But I have been wondering what it is...the job? (I've been there WAY too long considering how much I detest it)...the weather?...hormones? (don't thnk so)...inertia in the face of planning our future? (a definite possibility).

The good news is that the minute the sun comes out, all will be right in my world. Okay, maybe not RIGHT...but at least a little more aligned. And for me right now, that's good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home