Inflatable Girl
I had the strangest dream last night. It freaked...me...out...so much that it woke me.
I dreamed that I was standing at a sink area in a public restroom with 3 or 4 other women. All of us were either touching up our makeup or washing our faces. (I would, of course, be in the latter group since I rarely wear makeup). As I was washing my face, I suddenly felt a bump under the right side of my chin. I tilted my head back to see what it was...and it was one of those plastic nozzle things that are used to blow up an air mattress (or any number of inflatable items). The kind of thing where there's a little tube to blow into and an attached plug--and after you inflate the item, you push the tube into a recessed area so it's flush with the exterior. I had one of those on my chin! And my first thought was, "Oh my gawd! All this time I thought I was a real person...and I'm a clone!!!" (That was the significance of it in my dream--not that I was inflatable, but a clone.) And I felt so deflated (pun intended)...and duped. I had really thought all this time that I was a real person with real feelings and emotions and thoughts, etc. I was heartbroken to learn I was just a fake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home